Welcome to Sharif Mustajib’s official webpage!
Work and Experiences
Research: I have been performing research since 2017. I have completed 4 research projects:
- Environmental Crimes and Green Criminology in Bangladesh: It explored the environmental crime perspectives in Bangladesh analyzing social, economic, and political aspects. The research concluded by suggesting a Green Politicing Model. It has been published in the Journal of Criminology and Criminal Justice.
- Pandemic Experiences and the Possibilities of Global Health Diplomacy: It is a desk research where I tried to analyze previous pandemic cases of the world and framed a design of global health diplomacy. This research has been published in the Journal of Humanities & Social Science.
- Social Implications of Environmental Damage: This research identified key social implications led by environmental destruction based in the Rohingya hosting areas in Bangladesh. We know, Bangladesh is hosting more than 9,00,000 Rohingya refugees from Myanmar. Because of this refugee flux, the local environment has been destructed. As a result, the social situation of the areas has also become vulnerable to conflict, violence, poverty, etc. I presented the paper at the International Conference on Rohingya Crisis 2019, North South University.
- Impact of COVID-19 on Ready Made Garment (RMG) Workers in Bangladesh: This research explored the several pandemic challenges of RMG workers in Bangladesh. This research was supported by the Bangladesh Institute of Labor Studies. The paper has been published in Society & Sustainability Journal.
Digital Content Management: I have experiences in digital content management as I have worked in the following platforms.
- Founder and Editor-in-Chief, Voice of International Affairs: I have been working as the Editor-in-Chief at Voice of International Affairs since 2016. We have published more than 300 scholarly articles, arranged 20 webinars on global issues. We also provided training and internship to 30 young professionals.
- Editor, Atlas Institute for International Affairs: I have also worked as a guest editor at the Atlas Institute for International Affairs, a London-based think tank, and publishing house.
Education and Training
Master of Social Science (MSS): I have pursued a master’s degree (thesis group) at the Department of International Relations, University of Chittagong.
Bachelor of Social Science (BSS): I completed a bachelor’s degree at the Department of International Relations, University of Chittagong.
Advanced Training on Research Technique in Social Science and Applied Science: I participated in this one-month certificate course on research at the Jamal Nazrul Islam Research Center of Mathematical and Physical Science, University of Chittagong.
This is a brief introduction to my career journey, you can also go through my CV, hope you enjoy it!